Sunday, May 15, 2011

Health expo at Saint George Tafe

Last Wednesday a health and lifestyle expo  was organized by the students association, It was a very rich day because of the number of different things  which were exhibited. In fact there were loads of exhibitors like Australian Hearing, Kidney Health Australia, Dental service, Isagenix, Australian Red Cross etc.

I talked to three or four of the exhibitors and I learnt a lot about kidney disease.  For example, what is kidney disease ?  who are more at risk, what are the signs, what is the treatment . I found all this information extremely useful. I also spoke to the dental service and they let me know that it's free for kids as well for adults if they have a centrelink health card .Things I was ignorant of before.

I was really impressed  by the variety of  food from different countries and also  the  friendly climate between students while they sold the raffle tickets.

To sum up I think it was a successful and useful day because it was very rich in advertising about diseases , fitness, natural medicines and health food. It was  also a lucky  day for me because I won a beautiful ipod in the raffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment